- Best Available Rates
- Sea View Bedrooms
- Room Upgrades on Arrival Where Possible
- Exclusive Offers
- Secure Payment Gateway
A message from the owners
Your safe haven on the coast...
To all our guests and friends,
It has been several weeks since we sadly had to temporarily close the Driftwood. We are delighted to confirm our hotel and restaurant re-opened to guests on Saturday 4th July.
We are taking bookings for arrivals and can be contacted by telephone, email or through our website. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
In our daily lives we are adjusting to a 'new normal', as a business we are looking to the future and the adjustments we will need to make in order to welcome our guests and friends again.
Fiona and I would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our guests and staff at the Driftwood is our utmost priority, we have carried out a full risk assessment and are committed to adapting our existing and introducing new procedures to ensure that we do everything in our power to reduce the risk of infection.
We kindly ask that if you or your household experience Covid-19 symptoms such as a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change to your sense of taste and smell, that you follow the Government advice, remain at home, and contact us to allow your stay to be re-scheduled. We also ask that any guest who has arrived in the UK from overseas within the 14 days prior to their arrival date contact us in prior to travelling to the hotel, to discuss their reservation.
At the Driftwood we have put in place the below policies and procedures. We hope that you will find sufficient reassurance and enjoy your stay at our hotel. We are very fortunate to be able to offer guests space amongst such beautiful surroundings. If you have any questions or further suggestions please contact Fiona or myself on 01782 580644.
We look forward to welcoming you soon for a much-needed staycation, some Cornish sea air and to share the delights of the Roseland. For now, please stay safe.
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
Arrival and Check-in
• After considerable thought, guests will have their temperature taken upon arrival by our staff using a contactless laser thermometer and if the reading is over 38C will be asked to reschedule their stay.
• Any of our guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises. Please note we have thermometers at reception should you feel concerned at any point during your stay.
• We have added a Perspex screen to our reception desk so we can all keep our distance.
• Hand sanitising stations will be provided at the hotel’s two main entrances and we politely ask that you use these before entering the hotel.
• Please also note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash. Our check-in time changes to 3pm to give us the extra time required to sanitize the rooms.
• Reception Areas – in order to keep the current social distance of two metres we can only have four people in the drawing room, two people in the blue area, two in the television room and unfortunately no seating will be available in the bar. We can increase the numbers in the above rooms as long as they are members of the same group. We are fortunate to have plenty of outside space to relax and take in the views.
• All high use surfaces such as door handles and banisters will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day by the staff and logged.
• During these times we have been advised against handling your luggage or belongings but, if you required any help or have any special requirements please let us know before your arrival so we can make the necessary arrangements.
• Cloakrooms - we ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. For those non-resident guests, we have equipped our loos with sanitising spray and sanitising handwash at the basins and also disposable hand towels.
• When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of two meters between yourself and other guests.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• We will provide hand sanitiser in all our bedrooms for you to use.
• Every guest bedroom and bathroom will be fully sanitised and sprayed with approved sanitising solution (which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless) to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival. Bedrooms will be locked after cleaning with no access until the guest arrives.
• Linens, towels, and robes are professionally washed on a high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
• Any printed material has been laminated and will be sanitised before your stay.
• Our housekeeping staff will fully sanitise prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
• Should you prefer our housekeepers not to enter you room during your stay, please advise reception and we will leave any replacement toiletries or towels requested by your door.
Food and Drink
In order to adhere to the current social distancing guidelines we have had to reduce the number of tables in our restaurant by half. We hope to be able to utilise outside space subject to the weather.
• When you stay with us you can either dine with us in the dining room or have a light snack in your bedroom which we will leave on a tray outside your room. We will not be able to serve our main menu in your bedroom. It will be helpful if you could book a table in advance so we can manage the limited number of tables we are able to have in the dining room.
• We will be very happy to prepare a picnic hamper for you which can be taken to the beach or a secluded spot in our own grounds and enjoy the view.
• If you are not staying with us you can still dine with us and booking in advance is essential as we are limiting the number of tables available. We would ask all non-resident guests to use the hand sanitiser on arrival in reception before proceeding to the dining room. We recommend all diners download the Track and Tracing Application to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19. Please postpone your booking if displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
• We will be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay, in the dining room or on the deck weather permitting. If you would prefer a continental breakfast in your room, we would be happy to leave a tray outside your room. At this stage we will not operate a buffet service unless it becomes safe to do so once we receive government guidelines for the hospitality industry.
• To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will take you straight to your table.
• All Driftwood staff including those in our kitchens and dining areas, will undergo sanitisation prior to starting work and will be appropriately attired in line with PPE guidance.
• We will only be accepting credit and debit cards at this time and the card machine will be sanitised after each transaction.
Departure and Check-out
• If requested, a printed room bill will be placed under your door on the morning of departure otherwise check out as usual in reception observing guidelines. Again, we will only be accepting credit and debit cards and the card machine will be sanitised after each transaction. We ask that you return the key to reception where it will be sanitised prior to arrival of next guest.
Staff Training, Hygiene and Protection
• All of our hotel teams have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19.
• All staff will be temperature checked upon arrival for work and will be required to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms.
• Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
• Internal regulations have been introduced that require our staff to wear the appropriate PPE during their shifts and to wash their hands frequently.
• Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points for all the staff to utilise.
• Printed and laminated prevention of Covid-19 advice will be displayed throughout out the hotel as a reminder for guests as well as staff.
Best wishes from Paul, Fiona and all the team at the Driftwood.